Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Morning Quiche

Things on my mind this forenoon:

Nationals on a 7 game win streak! The bad news for them is that I am going to tonight’s game, so they will almost surely lose. Sorry, fellas.

Bristol Palin’s pregnancy should not be a political issue, and I am pleased to see that it appears that no one (relevant) is going to make it one.

Hardly anyone knows anything substantial about Sarah Palin, so we all need to reserve our judgments for the moment. I have been very open about the fact that the main reasons I like her so far is that she is reported to eat mooseburgers.

I’m not sure for whom I am going to vote. Is Bloomberg sure he’s not running? There are still two months left, Mike!

I am very pleased with my first fantasy football draft. This only adds to my excitement about the NFL starting up this weekend.

I wonder how hard it would be to become the mayor of DC.

Arkansas Megan and I watched There Will Be Blood last night, and it made absolutely no sense and was entirely too long for a movie that makes absolutely no sense. Yet, Daniel Day-Lewis still managed to be very good.

I acquired a couple hundred Bob Dylan songs last night. I will find a way to listen to all of them.

I suppose one of these days I should actually send out the story of the baseball odyssey, especially since the summer has unofficially come to a quiet close with the passing of Labor Day.

This symbol is called an interrobang: It is used in the stead of the grammatically incorrect double question mark (“??”) or combination question mark and exclamation point (“?!”) to express disbelief or excitement through a question. It is an actual punctuation mark but is rarely used, although grammatically acceptable.

It’s September already

No comments: