Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Once Again

I think the reason I'm such a fan is because he is able to, through examples, (such as this week's examination of the NFL draft and all its absurdity - a sentiment I held long before I started reading this column) show just how ridiculous and needlessly artificially complicated many things and issues are, and how they can be broken down into clear, logical, digestible ideas. I find myself nodding or grunting in agreement for the duration of my every reading. I'm talking, of course, about this week's TMQ article. (He won't be back until August after this.)

Fresh off reading that, I saw this. Not only is he predicting next year's draft order, which is effectively predicting the order in which every NFL team will finish this upcoming season, but also which NCAA players will have breakout years and which will slump, and...here is where I would go on for pages and pages about how senseless that is, but to be honest, Easterbrook has done it already, and much better than I ever would be able to.

Edit: I almost forgot to mention that in his article, TMQ expresses his wishes for the Bills to return to their old uniforms. The paragraph he devoted to that constitutes the most coverage the Bills have gotten this entire offseason, aside from their plans to play a regular season game in Toronto. More thoughts on the Bills later.

No comments: